Friday 7 August 2009

Virulent virus update

Yup, on the basis that Mel has barely been out of bed all day and bearing in mind she always wakes early and is the sort of person who would go into work even if her leg had fallen off, I'm pretty certain she has swine flu.

Last night we went on the UK government website where they ask you a bunch of questions and then offer an assessment as to whether you have swine flu or not. In Mel's case, it said she had and issued me with a reference number with which I can now obtain some Tamiflu for her.

In truth, the process was a bit lame. The questions said :-

Have you got any of the following symptoms. Headaches, nausea, diarrhoea, sneezing, runny nose?

Are you still wearing the same clothes/nightwear as yesterday?

Have you asked your husband to go and get magazines and a McDonalds Mcflurry?

If the answer is yes, you have swine flu.

So, to me it didn't feel particularly scientific and anyway I haven't had so much as a bleeding sniffle. I'm beginning to feel a bit left out if I'm honest. It's usually me that gets ill and I get all the attention. I'd quite like to keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment