Monday 8 February 2010

If Bonnie Tyler gargled with gravel........

............she might sound like I do. I've been away for four days in Birmingham at our annual sales kick off and woke on Sunday morning feeling like I'd eaten broken glass and I was coughing like an asthmatic sea-lion. I felt progressively worse throughout the day and then slept all night and most of today. I suppose being at a conference with nearly a thousand people, it was a fairly safe bet I would pick something up.

I am pathetic when I'm ill. I don't want to talk to anyone, don't want to do anything and see the world through a sepia coloured negative filter. On the rare occasion I have ventured out of bed today I've sat on the sofa bemoaning the state of the world and try as I might I could find nothing positive. I tried reading but found myself staring at the page, I tried listening to music but found everything rubbish and tried watching TV but couldn't find anything worth watching. I've tried writing today's blog but am fed up of it now so will finish it in two paragraphs time.

Mel's parents are down for a few days and are staying at her Sister Penny's house. We were supposed to go round tonight but Mel persuaded me to stay home and she has gone on her own. Probably for the best as I even feel contagious.

Having been through a stressful couple of weeks, I was really looking forward to getting back to some kind of normality and once I get shut of this lurgy I'm sure I'll feel better but for now I'm just harumphing around the place like a grumpy gremlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment